This is the website of Urban Life Property Management Limited, a limited company registered in England with company registration number 08921977. All references in this website to ‘Urbanlife’ or ‘the company’ should be read as referring to Urban Life Property Management Limited.
This website is intended to provide a general overview only, based on English law. Specialist advice should be obtained before taking or refraining from taking, any action based on the content of this website. Urbanlife disclaims any liability in relation to the use of any information contained in this site.
This website and its contents are copyright of Urbanlife. Although this website may contain links to other websites, Urbanlife is not responsible for the content or use of any of those sites. Please let us know if you would like to have a link to your website.
Urbanlife is a property management company with offices in Essex and London.
Subject to paragraph 3, all claims, complaints and disputes arising out of or in connection with the services provided by Urbanlife Property Management Limited (“Company”) will be resolved pursuant to this procedure (“Complaint”)
(a) All Complaints will in the first instance be referred to a Director of the Company who will attempt to resolve the issue promptly.
(b) If the Director is unable to resolve the Complaint or if you feel unable to discuss the Complaint with the Director, we will, on your request, appoint a Director not previously involved in the matter to endeavour to resolve it with you. In the first instance you should contact Mitchell Nunn who is our nominated complaints person or, if this is not appropriate, Neil Sweeney.
If and to the extent that any Complaint has not been resolved under paragraph 2 it may be referred to mediation by a sole mediator agreed between us and you or in default of agreement appointed by The Centre for Effective Dispute Resolution.
We shall not be obliged to comply with paragraph 3 in relation to any Complaint in which we seek:
(a) An order or award (whether interim or final) restraining you from doing any act or compelling you to do any act; or
(b) A judgment or award for a liquidated sum to which there is no arguable defence (provided that the exception shall cease to apply and the Complaint may be referred to arbitration on the application of either party if the court decides that you should have permission to defend the claim); or
(c) The enforcement of any agreement reached or any binding order, award, determination or decision made pursuant to this procedure; nor shall anything in this paragraph inhibit us at any time from serving any form of demand or notice or from commencing or continuing with any bankruptcy, winding up or other insolvency proceedings.
5) Referral to Regulator
If, having followed the procedure set out in paragraphs 2 and 3, you are not satisfied that the Complaint has been resolved, you may refer the Complaint to the Ombudsman Services at;
Ombudsman Services: Property
PO Box 1021 Warrington
Tel: 0330 440 1634
Our Duty of Confidentiality
We will treat any information which is confidential to you and which we obtain as a result of acting for you as strictly confidential, save:
(a) for the purpose of acting for you; or
(b) for disclosures to our accountants, auditors or other advisers or for the purposes of our professional indemnity insurance; or
(c) as otherwise required by law or other regulatory authority to which we are subject.
We may refer publicly to your name as a client of ours, provided we do not disclose any information which is confidential to you. We shall be under no duty to disclose to you (or take into account in the course of providing the services) any information acquired by us in acting for any other client or any information in respect of which we owe a duty of confidentiality to a third party.
Urbanlife is committed to promoting equality and diversity in all of its dealings with clients, third parties and employees. Please contact us if you would like a copy of our equality and diversity policy.
Financial Conduct Authority (FCA)
Urbanlife administer many insurance policies for our clients, therefore, we have excellent buying power. We ensure all policies offer market-leading cover at very competitive premiums to offer you the reassurance that your interests are fully protected.
We source insurance policies in accordance with the terms of the lease for Buildings, Terrorism, Communal Contents, Employer’s Liability, Public Liability, Lifts and Directors and Officers Liability with a range of leading UK Insurers which offer the enhanced protection required by your block.
Urbanlife is authorised and regulated as an Appointed Representative Introducer on behalf of Residentsline Limited under Registration No: 715915.
Urbanlife is not authorised under the Financial Conduct Authority (“FCA”) to be able to offer investment services to clients.
Nothing we say or do should be construed as an invitation or inducement to engage in investment activities, nor as advice on the investment merits of acquiring or disposing of particular investments.
You can access our website without giving us any personal data. However, you may choose to provide us with your personal data in certain sections of the website. We may collect any or all of the information that you give us depending on the type of information you enter including your name, address, telephone number, fax number and email address, together with data about your use of the website. Other information that may be needed from time to time to process a request may also be collected as indicated on the website.
We use the information collected primarily to process the task for which you visited the website. We may also use the information to keep in contact with you and inform you of developments associated with our business.
We will not disclose any of your personal data obtained from you from this website to third parties unless you specifically allow us to do so or in special circumstances, such as when we are so required by law.
We may from time to time provide information of a general nature to third parties – for example, the number of individuals visiting our website, but we will not use any personal data that could identify those individuals.
Urban Life Property Management Limited is a Limited Company incorporated in England and Wales and is a ‘controller’ under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018
Whose data do we hold?
We may hold data about the following people
- Suppliers and service providers
- Advisers, consultants and other professional experts,
- Complainants and enquirers
What data we will collect?
We will only collect information from you that is relevant to the matter that we are dealing with. In particular we may collect the following information from you which is defined as ‘personal data’:
- Personal details, such as name, address, telephone number and email address
- Financial details
- Business activities of the person whose details we are processing
We may also collect information that is referred to as being in a ‘special category’. This could include:
- Racial or ethnic origin
- Religious beliefs or other beliefs of a similar nature
Basis for processing
The basis on which we process your personal data is one or more of the following:
- It is necessary for the performance of our contract with you
- It is necessary for us to comply with a legal obligation
- It is in our legitimate interest to do so
- You have given us your consent (this can be withdrawn at any time by contacting ……
How will we use your data?
We may use your information for the following purposes
- Maintaining accounts and records
- Promotion of our goods and services
Who will we share your data information with?
- Service providers based in the United Kingdom who provide IT and system administration services to us
- Debt collection agencies if you do not pay our bills
How long will we keep your information for?
- By law we have to keep basic information about our customers (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for six years after they cease being customers for tax purposes.
- We do not transfer your personal data to a country outside of the EEA.
- We shall ensure that all the information that you provide to us is kept secure using appropriate technical and organisational measures
- In the event of a personal data breach we have in place procedures to ensure that the effects of such a breach are minimised and shall liaise with the Information Commissioner’s office (ICO) and with you as appropriate
- More information can be obtained by contacting Neil Sweeney, Commercial Director of 23/24 Saffron Court, Southfields Business Park, Basildon, Essex, SS15 6SS, email@example.com
What rights do you have?
You have the following rights under the GDPR
- Request access to your personal data.
- Request correction of your personal data.
- Request erasure of your personal data.
- Object to processing of your personal data.
- Request restriction of processing your personal data.
- Request transfer of your personal data.
- Right to withdraw consent
Who you can complain to?
- If you are unhappy about how we are using your information or how we have responded to your request then initially you should contact Neil Sweeney, Commercial Director of 23/24 Saffron Court, Southfields Business Park, Basildon, Essex, SS15 6SS, firstname.lastname@example.org
If your complaint remains unresolved then you can contact the ICO, details available at www.ico.org.uk